Life is better connected.
If you want to grow in your relationship with Jesus, you need to have intentional relationships with people who have the same goal — and a CityGroup is the ideal place for that. In a CityGroup, twelve to fifteen adults in the same stage of life and area of town meet regularly for a year or more to pursue spiritual growth and healthy relationships. You’ll be encouraged to live out the truths you discover in the Bible, as you encourage others to do the same.
How Can I Join A Group?
GroupLink is your chance to get plugged into a group. It's a special one night event where you can learn more about our groups and meet other people who want to be in a group! We host GroupLink every Fall and Spring. Check back to see how you can sign up!
Learn More About CityGroups
+ The Commitment
Being in a group means you commit to a group for one year. We ask group members to attend 80% of the group's weekly meeting time. There are 32 meetings within a year, so you commit to attend 26 of those meetings. Your CityGroup will gather together three times per month and in December and July, you will gather once. We also want you to serve and have fun together! Each month, you will serve together or have a social event together.
+ The First 8 Weeks
We want you to invite people to join your group! After the first 8 meetings, the group is closed and no one else can be added to the group. These first 8 meetings will set the tone for the year and you'll be able to get to know your group members during this time.
+ What To Expect From Your Leader
- Your leaders will be prepared and ready for your group time each week.
- Your leaders will converse with each other regularly, evaluating the group and making it the best it can be.
- Your leaders will help create an atmosphere that is engaging/inviting & encourages members to openly participate in discussion.
- Your leaders will give direction on service projects & social outings.
- Your leaders are facilitators of conversation, not preachers or teachers.
+ What To Expect During CityGroup
- A set start time and end time (We recommend each meeting last between 1-2 hours)
- Social Time/Snacks & Desserts
- Highs & Lows: Share the good, bad, & ugly of your week with your group.
- Reminders of what’s going on in your group [ie: service projects, social outings, etc]
- Read the selected passage of scripture
- Ask the 5 questions provided by the staff
- Prayer requests to end the time together
Jim & Karen Hickman / Eddie Wilson
Wednesdays at 6:30 pm / Contact Karen Hickman for Details at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-855-8939 / Currently Meeting (HICKORY)